HASLEMERE DECORATIVE AND FINE ARTS SOCIETY

A member society of NADFAS

HDFAS Gallery: OUTING TO LECHLADE AND KELMSCOTT MANOR
10th April 2014


Lechlade
Left to right: main street in Lechlade; St. Lawrence's Church; spire added during repairs after a fire in 1510.

St. Lawrence's Church
Left to right: interior of St. Lawrence's church; 15th century ceiling boss repainted in 1938; detail of 400 year old vestry door.

Riverside Pub, Lechlade
By the river, Lechlade. Photo by Jeannette Hatcher.

Kelmscott Manor
Left to right: Morris' first sight of Kelmscott; architectural detail plus wooden guttering; gardens.

 

Kelmscott Manor

(Photos of St. Lawrence's Church and gardens at Kelmscott by Jane Larkin)


Tea at Kelmscott
Tea at Kelmscott.

Tea at Kelmscott
Tea at Kelmscott. Photo by Jeannette Hatcher.


David
David continues to drive us on our outings and this time had a particularly arduous time

backing up narrow country lanes and coping with longer distances.

(Photo by Jane Larkin, reproduced with David's permission)

click to return to 2014 Gallery Page